Crafty Stories

I like to tell stories through the creative arts. I may be slightly obsessed with books, movies, TV shows, yarn and fiber. Wanna hang out?

Friday, January 11, 2013

Stitched Together 2013: A Fiber Retreat from Storied Yarns

I am SO excited to make this announcement! A dream I have had for a long time is finally going to come true, and the best part is that I get to share it with my fibery friends!!!

This year I will be hosting a Fiber Arts Retreat - YAY!!!! (Enter Muppet Flail Here.)

Do you want to join me?!? Of course you do! Here are the details:

What: Stitched Together 2013: A Retreat for All Things Yarny

When: April 26-28, 2013

Where: Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville, TN

Cost: $100 per person to include food, lodging and extra goodies.



Come join us in a mountain retreat for the weekend! We'll surround ourselves with all the natural beauty Tennessee has to offer. Fall Creek Falls has six waterfalls, including the one called Fall Creek Falls which is the highest waterfall in the eastern United States! There are nature trails to explore and other activities including golf, horseback riding, and sports fields.

The theme I've chosen for this year's retreat is "Circle of Friends." Last year was a very challenging one for me in a lot of ways, and I felt that I got bogged down in the negativity. This year I'm trying my best to elevate myself, my circumstances and my surroundings. One way for me to do that is to gather together a circle of friends for a weekend of fellowship and fiber! Though we may not all know each other before the weekend begins, I'm sure that through the magic of yarn we will leave as a circle of friends. :)

The main thing I want to do this weekend is relax and play with yarn! I'm sure most of you feel the same way, so that will be our main event. I will bring as much of my fibery equipment as I can pack, so you can try out something new. We won't have any structured classes, per se, but it's my intention to form smaller, impromptu group lessons and demonstrations so we can all learn or see something new. On Saturday I will invite fiber artists to showcase their wares in a mini marketplace, so come ready to shop! We'll also weave a group banner and take at least one nature walk together. Options will be available for you to add on other activities on an individual basis as well, if that's what you prefer.

I will be providing the food for the weekend; we'll eat together in the dining room of our group lodge, with a casual and relaxed, home-cooked atmosphere. I will do my best to accommodate any dietary needs you may have as well. We'll eat three meals a day and indulge in plenty of snacking. ;)

Please note that this is a retreat for YOU, not your family. Please leave your children at home for this and come and enjoy a weekend with the girls! Special exceptions may be made if you have a child who is an infant/nursing. :)

The spaces are limited as the lodge only holds about 30 people, so sign up now if you are interested! The cost is $100 for the weekend, but I can set up a payment plan if you need one; just let me know. The registration form is here; get your name in now and then you can pay via PayPal or check/money order after that.

If you are interested in vending at the retreat, please use this form here. I will give preference to the vendors who are also going to attend the retreat for the weekend, and the vending spots are limited as well.

I really hope to see you there! If you have any questions at all about the retreat, you can visit this thread on Ravelry, contact me on Ravelry (I'm Jessecreations) or e-mail me at jess@storiedyarns.com.

3 comments:

  1. Muppet Flail! I'm excited for you...I wish travel weren't so expensive because I would totally be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to come so badly..I have a weekend in Hot Springs in May that I cannot miss. I don't know if I can afford both...must find a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about this, I wish I would have known sooner, may have been able to throw something together. Hopefully it will go well, and be able to happen again next year! Which would def be better considering I have a little nursling right now!! So very excited to find things like this in the area now. Can't wait to hear about it, wish you ladies a blast!!

    ReplyDelete