Crafty Stories

I like to tell stories through the creative arts. I may be slightly obsessed with books, movies, TV shows, yarn and fiber. Wanna hang out?

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Handmade Holidays: My first "Real" Quilt!

The holidays are upon us! I admit that I'm totally freaking out on the inside, but trying to keep it cool on the inside. Today I'm hoping to finish at least two of my holiday projects; if I succeed I will feel much better at the end of the day, that's for sure.

So, without further ado, I present

Finished Project #1!

I made a quilt for my sister:


Earlier this year, my sister went to the Knit Picks/Connecting Threads warehouse sale and bought me a TON of batik fabric remnants. I took all the purples and greens from that plus a few from my fabric stash to make her this quilt. I used this pattern as a guide, though I only used two colors instead of three so I just made equal numbers of purple and green blocks. In the end the quilt is a good size for snuggling on the couch or taking to a picnic or a stadium. It's not really bed-sized but it was large enough for me to snuggle up underneath it with plenty of room to spare, and that works for me!

I'm off to sew more squares for my dad's quilt now; I'm tying his instead of actually quilting it and it's just a simple patchwork pattern so I'm hoping to finish it within a few days. For today, finished project #2 will hopefully be one of the toys I'm making for my children.

Ok, back to crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really pretty.

    I love quilts, but just realizing I don't actually have any. I would like to make one... one day. :-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete